When using OneCallAccess to request underground service information for the first time, you will need to register your contact details before lodging an enquiry. Click the "Register" link from the Login panel on the Home Page.
Next, complete the form as shown below:
- Customer Details - Here you can enter in your name, and if this is a work enquiry you can enter your company details. If you are a homeowner, you can leave the company sections blank.
- Postal Address - For post office boxes, add the PO Box number in the prefix field, then enter the suburb and postcode. For street addresses, if you have a unit number, put that as the prefix. Fill in the street number and name in the Street field, and then enter your suburb/town and post code. The system will try to find matches - if it does, simply click on the correct option from the dropdown list. If the system does not recognise your address (e.g. for new subdivisions or a rural area) please contact our call centre for assistance.
- Contact Details - Provide at least one contact phone number. You will need to provide an email address so that we can send you an account validation email (this is also how most plans arrive). If you entered a company name above, please select your Occupation and Affiliation. Otherwise, select Private Resident and None for these fields.
- Login Details - These are the details you will use to log in to the online service. Most people use their email address as their username. When choosing your password, it must be at least six characters long, and contain both letters and numerals.
- Security - We ask a security question as a privacy precaution. This is used sometimes when you ring the call centre if we need to verify your identity. We suggest picking an answer that only you will know - for example you could set "Your Birthday" as "Goldfish".
- Miscellaneous - Under this section you can choose to subscribe to our newsletter service. This subscription status can be changed at any time. Tick the box to agree to our terms and conditions, confirm you are a legitimate user with the reCAPTCHA, and click on "Sign Up" to complete your registration.
To the right side of the form will be a status box indicating if OneCallAccess has accepted your registration details (and sometimes show if matching profiles are found if you have registered with the service previously). If any details are not accepted this box will provide information on what has failed:
It is important to ensure that you answer the mandatory fields correctly otherwise your plans and confirmation sheets may not reach you. You will also be sent a registration email with a validation/activation link - this link must be clicked before you can begin lodging enquiries, and will expire after 3 days. If you do not receive the registration email, please check your junk/spam folders, or contact our call centre. Click here for more information.
If you require assistance when filling in the contact details click on the orange question mark (?) icon and this will advise you on how to fill in the section.
When registering, you will notice the reCAPTCHA tool at the bottom of the form near the Sign Up button:
reCAPTCHA is a service that has been introduced to protect the service from spam and abuse - with the ever-increasing cyber threats we have been forced to increase our defences to be sure that we can continue to offer the service free of charge to all web users.
reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities. It does this while letting valid users pass through with ease. The reCAPTCHA feature is applicable to all users of the service irrespective of enquiry volumes submitted or frequency of use. You may find you have to complete the reCAPTCHA popups multiple times in a row. This needs to be completed until it shows that you are verified and allows you to Sign Up.
As it forms an integral part of the application’s security it cannot be turned off.