The Prerequisites screen is used to manage documentation between your road authority and the permit applicants. Use the following list to jump to each section:
- Viewing the Prerequisites screen
- Downloading documents
- Verifying & rejecting documents
- Uploading documents
- How to manually send Conditions documents to an applicant
- File types & size limits
Viewing the Prerequisites screen
The Prerequisites screen can be accessed by clicking the Prerequisites option from the left-hand traffic light panel on PermitManager:
The screen appears as below:
It is divided into the following sections:
- Workflow Prerequisites: These documents are automatically sent to the applicant as soon as a request is generated. These are generally compulsory documents, e.g. insurance proofs, Traffic Management Plan templates.
- Ad-hoc Prerequisites: Documents uploaded as attachments via the Message function will be listed here.
- Inspection Documents: Any comments or attachments from inspection forms will be included here.
- Permit Approval/Rejection Certificates: If your organisation sends applicants certification acknowledging when their permits have been approved or rejected, copies of these documents will be stored here.
- Special Case Documents: After the Conditions document has been generated, a copy of it will be listed here.
- Works Completion Notice Documents: If your organisation requests applicants to submit a Works Completion Notice to confirm that they are finished, these will be listed here.
The other columns include the current status of each document, as well as allowing you to upload/download each document as required:
- Document Type:This will note what type of document this is, e.g. proof, ad hoc, etc.
- Submitted/Acknowledged/Downloaded: Depending on the Document Type, applicants may be required to submit responses (the number of expected responses will be shown), or merely acknowledge and download what has been sent to them (this field will say Yes or No to indicate whether this has been done).
- Status: This field will indicate whether there are new documents, or whether the applicant has completed required actions (downloads/uploads). Statuses include Complete, Accepted, Approved or Incomplete.
- Action: This field will allow the user to download applicant responses or upload new prerequisites to the applicant.
Once all the documentation has been finalised, the Prerequisites traffic light will turn green:
Applicants will be notified on their end when they receive prerequisite documents, and depending on the type of document they may need to upload responses to your road authority.
Once the applicant has uploaded a response document, a blue plus icon will appear next to the document name. Click the plus icon to expand the listing:
Click Download to view the applicant's response to check it against your requirements for the permit. The next step is to either verify or reject the document.
NB: If the Prerequisites section is marked as "Not Required", applicants will still receive the automatic Workflow Prerequisites which are generated for every permit application. The status of the documents will show as "Not Required" and they will not receive instructions to upload responses, but they do still have the ability to upload responses if they desire. Any documentation provided should be included in the decision-making for the permit.
Verifying & rejecting documents
may receive docs even if not required
To verify or reject a document, click New next to the listing (after downloading the file) and select whether to verify or reject the response, depending on whether it meets your requirements:
If you verify the document, the icon will change to read Verified. A pop-up message will ask you to confirm the decision by clicking OK.
If you reject the document, the icon will change to read Rejected. A pop-up message will ask you to provide a reason. Type in an explanation for rejecting the document, then click OK:
A message will be sent to the applicant letting them know why the document wasn't accepted. They will then upload a new response. This new document would then undergo the same download/verification process as the first one.
In some cases, e.g. an applicant who has lodged their permit request manually, or does not have email/internet access, there is an option for road authority users to upload prerequisite response documents on the applicant’s behalf. If the applicant provides hard copy documents which need to go into PermitManager, these would need to be scanned into your PC first.
Click Upload to the right of the relevant listing, and the pop-up window below will appear. Enter the document name and then click Browse... to locate the applicant's document from your PC. Click Upload to complete:
NB: Documents uploaded manually will automatically be verified. If, after further review, the document is found to be inadequate, it can still be rejected by clicking the Verified button and selecting Rejected.
How to manually send Conditions documents to an applicant
In some cases, e.g. an applicant who has lodged their permit request manually, or does not have email/internet access, you may need to send the applicant their Conditions documents manually. In these cases, you can download and print them off to be sent to the applicant. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
File types & size limits
PermitManager accepts .jpg /.png /.doc /.docx /.xls /.pdf files. If you try to upload an unsupported file type it will return an error message. Documents can be up to 20MB in size.